Monday, August 22, 2016

Content FINAL final

I found a deadly bug, immediately after I sent Raj the link to the FINAL, final content database.
And then I fixed it, and hopefully it is a non-issue, but it speaks to the ease with which bugs can get in the most unlikely places, and always at the last moment.

Last minute testing revealed that Wikipedia search on author would not produce a valid page of information in all cases, so I switched to Google search, which would include wikipedia entry if any, and more info as well, so it's not so much a loss.

More last minute testing revealed that in doing a youtube search that includes author and subjects could get an empty search, so I excluded the author from the youtube search and went with only the subjects.

This redefining the roles of search seems to bring a sort of balance to the resources.


After finding the final :) bug, I submitted the database again,
only to find 2 more buglets, and had to ask for more time to fix the glitches.
Now that I'm sure I've got all the uglies, I'm not so sure...

:)


Update: After the FINAL final, the file was not used for another week or so, which meant that I had the chance to slip in another few typo corrections. Even when you think it's over "it ain't over 'til it's over"  (Yogi Berra)


No comments:

Post a Comment