Tuesday, August 23, 2016

99designs for logo, etc.


In a one week contest to come up with the best design for the app, 99designs.com drew in 30 designers who contributed 194 designs, trying to earn the $299 prize, of which they get only about $200. Almost all of the designers were from half a world away, judging from the time of day that they submit their designs. Many are communicating with substandard English language skills, and sometimes that makes it tough to help them improve their designs, or be responsive to the basic specs. As of 8/29 the contest is over, with the logo in the heading of this post.

-----------------------------------------------------

I was looking for something better than this design, below, that I used as a starting point for the design contest:

:


tobewise
The right words at the right time…

As you can see, I'm not a designer.

Fonts previously under consideration:



Apple Chancery font. I like this one a lot and was suggested by Ann von Gal. What I really needed was a total logo package that included the logo, product name, and tagline, with colors and sizes and layout all together.

Here's a font I really liked because it was strong and yet ancient looking:



No comments:

Post a Comment