Food For My Mind - there came a time early in the project where we needed a product name to register the project with apple, so I chose FFMM but knew we could do better and it was just temporary.
Mobile Motivator - still too many syllables. Better because it does describe a result (motivation). The word Mobile adds nothing to the name because the app can only run on a mobile device. This was the name chosen by a slim margin by an unscientific small survey of friends.
Mobile Mentor - suggested by a friend. Two less syllables, but still with the Mobile wasted word, and I didn't like the concept of another person (mentor) involved because most people would want to go it alone. Second guessed the MM. theme because of the possible perceived conflict of interest with DBLM.com and MM = Michael McCafferty, etc. I felt we could do better, but focused on immediate issues and delayed any further naming improvements until/if time permitted later.
tobewise - I kept searching for a better name that would describe a result, or a feeling, one would get from using the app. Not some difficult to remember name that would be clever, but a promise, a result, a feeling. It finally came to me in the shower one morning. 2bWise. But that seemed to much like it was trying to be clever, and then that quote by Rumi hit me:
Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise so I am changing myself.
In considering the nature of wise, I felt that Wise would be eternal, while clever is a moment to moment thing, solving problems one at a time. Wise is a way of being where there are no problems. Problems are avoided. Einstein's words:
Intellectuals solve problems;
geniuses prevent them.
I like to think of geniuses as being more Wise than clever.
Simplicity was the key=one word: tobewise.
Humility=lowercase.
My design skills are with recognizing the right logo, and delegating the creative, so I set up a design contest at 99designs for some professional help.
No comments:
Post a Comment